Prep: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes (including sauces)
2 x 500g Norfolk Crescent Bolognaise Sauce
250g of Instant Lasagna sheets
½ the quantity of White Sauce (See recipe Below)
250g Mozzarella Cheese Grated
Melt 85g/3oz butter in a saucepan, stir in 85g/3oz plain flour, then cook for 2 minutes.
Slowly whisk in 750ml/1¼pt milk, then bring to the boil, stirring.
Turn down heat, then cook until the sauce starts to thicken and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
Sauce can now be cooled and kept in the fridge for up to 3 days or frozen for 3 months.
1. Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
2. Heat the bolognaise in a pan and bring to a boil. (If you prefer a spicier sauce you can add chilli pieces or crushed pepper at this stage)
3. To assemble lasagna, lightly oil an ovenproof serving dish (30 x 20cm). Spoon the bolognaise sauce into the bottom of the dish. Cover with lasagna sheets. Drizzle over about one quarter of the white sauce. Repeat until you have 3 layers of pasta. Cover with the remaining half quantity of white sauce, making sure you can't see any pasta poking through.
4. Sprinkle grated mozzarella on top.
5. Bake for 45 minutes until the top is bubbling and lightly browned. (The uncooked lasagna can be frozen. If baking from frozen, add another 45 minutes to the cooking time).
Norfolk Crescent Tip:
We like to sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese in between each layer of pasta. If you don't want to put that much cheese in the lasagna just sprinkle the cheese on top once you have finished assembling the lasagna.
You can also add chopped Norfolk Crescent Chicken Bacon into the bolognaise for added flavor.